Pages

7/11/11

This kid...

This past Friday, this kid turned 9!!

I'm not too sure how I feel about this yet.


On the one hand, 8 was not such a fun age. There was a lot of drama during the 8th year. A lot of whining, pouting, argueing with Dylan and worst of all, EYE ROLLING. Oh how I hate eye rolling!


On the other hand, 9 means Ben is entering into his last year of elementary school. I'm not ready to be a middle school mom. Speaking of middle school, he is only one year away from "the movie" (you KNOW which one I'm talking about). I don't even know how that's possible. At this point, he is still SO naive. I could probably convince him that babies are made by magic dust sprinkled by the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. That is how it happens, right?


At 9, Ben is closer to driving (egads!) than he is to being born. We are closer to the stage where I can leave him home alone than we are to the preschool years. He is only 7 years away from the age Kevin and I were when we started dating. YIKES! I just don't know if I am ready for this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son turns 9 in just a few months ... oh dear!! Closer to driving than being born??!! My how time flies!!
Welcome to VoiceBoks! Just popping in to say HEY!!
Ro :)
http://www.MommyMindSpa.com
Have YOU had your Mom-ME Moment yet today?

Unknown said...

That is how babies are made.

Right?