Pages

6/29/11

The one in the middle...




is the green kangaroo. I remember reading this book when I was a child and not having ANY idea what it was like to be a middle child. I knew what it was like to be the "baby" and that's all I could really comprehend.





I never thought I would have a middle child. I always assumed that I would have 2 children. I also assumed that at least 1 of them would be a girl. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have 3 boys.






Dylan has quite the reputation around here. He is our wild one. Our goofball. Our crazy one. The nut. In many ways, he requires a lot of attention. He needs lots of hugs. Worries about us when we are not here. Needs reassurance that we love him just as much as his brothers. Even follows me when I go to the bathroom!








All said, I don't really worry about Dylan. He knows what he needs to feel loved and we give it to him. We know that he needs lots of hugs. We know if we are not at home at bedtime, we have to call and say good-night. We know that we need to tell him that we love him lots. We even know that if I go to the bathroom, he's going to follow me and stand outside the door!



I love my little kangaroo and am thankful for the role he plays in our family.

No comments: