1. Ben and Dylan were playing Super Mario Brothers on the wii. They were level 2 where there are yoshi's and my kids love yoshi. Ben kept jumping on the yoshi and not letting Dylan have one. This resulted in Dylan SOBBING hysterically because he wanted his own yoshi. Then, Ben used his yoshi to swallow Dylan's luigi character. This made Dylan cry even harder.
Mom words spoken: "Ben, stop eating your brother." SIGH
This made both boys crack up. The thought of either of them "eating" each other was just too much for a 6 and 9 year old.
2. Ben, Dylan and I were going to be painting some things in the front yard. I told the boys to find some paint clothes while I got paint and brushes ready outside. The next thing I know, Dylan is running around butt naked in the front yard asking if the shorts he is holding are appropriate. I told him to get his naked butt back inside and get some clothes on. He does and I continue getting things ready. AGAIN, he comes back outside. NAKED. Apparently, I told him to go get some clothes on but he still didn't know if those shorts were appropriate for painting. Dear neighbors, I apologize for the streaker.
2. I joined pinterest the other day. It is yet another successful way for me to waste time.
3. I took the big boys to see Kung Fu Panda 2 tonight. Ben loved it. Dylan had a sobbing break-down halfway through the movie because Poe's mom left him all alone when he was a baby. I thought we were going to have to leave the theater.
4. I've been on a reading kick lately. I've read a ton of books this summer including "The Help", several books about Amish midwife's and currently "Sister's Choice" by Emilie Richards. Love it.
5. Summer is ending. It makes me want to cry. The other day, I tried to convince Kevin that I should home-school that way summer would never have to end. He laughed at me and said I was crazy.
6. This means I have to start setting up my classroom. I don't mind setting up my room but I do mind that no-one at school will tell me which classroom I will be teaching in this year. This is kind of a problem.
7. We have finally decided what we are doing with Cameron when I go back to work. This is good because it was making me crazy that we had not figured it out yet.
8. Last week, we had dinner with friends, Missy and Lorrie, that I have literally known my entire life. It's always fun to meet up with them and their mom (Linda) each year for the Hall of Fame. Since last year, Missy and Lorrie have both gotten married. Lorrie is also due to have a baby girl in about a month. This takes our total children head count (including my sister, Amy's children) to 7 1/2. The ages are 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 months and almost born.
9. Please pray for my friend Tena's baby. Myles was born with severe heart issues and is currently in the NICU.
10. Time to go to bed. I can't wait to go finish my book!
Thanks so much Lindsay! According to "the rules" I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself and pass the award on to 10 blogs BUT since I follow lots of complete strangers blogs I'm just going to let you know which ones I like best. Ok? (Well of course it's ok because you don't have a choice, ok?).
- Erin at erincobb.com/ThePigBear because I just want to be her when I grow up.
- Jenny at 4tunate.net because they have QUADRUPLETS. BOYS. Seriously!
- Kelle at http://www.kellehampton.com/ because she is so inspirational.
- Mr. Halpern at http://www.blogger.com/www.lookatmyhappyrainbow.blogspot.com because he reminds me why I like my job.
- Kayla Aimee at kaylaaimee.typepad.com is another inspirational mama.
- Shawni at 71toes.blogspot.com because I think their family puts the A in adorable.
- Stephanie at stephaniehowell.typepad.com/my_weblog because her blog is so cute.
- Emily at andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com because I have much respect for families that adopt internationally.
- Mary at maryellephotography.blogspot.com because I just want to live in her house. If you can't find me, I have moved there!
- Kara at http://www.craftastical.com/
If nothing else, maybe I will have supplied you with some new reading material.
7 things about me.
- 1. It took me forever to list all of those websites and even still I'm not sure I did it right. Yep, I'm a dork.
- If I had to eat one type of food for the rest of my life, it would be mexican. Muy bueno!
- I have an addiction to stupid reality tv. Big Brother, House Hunters, 19 and Counting, Toddlers and Tiaras. My favorite is the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team. Yep, I told you I was a dork.
- My dream career is that of a professional scrapbooker. One can dream, right?
- I hate onions and bugs and mean people and sweating and when my boys say "What?"
- I also hate when people embarass themselves. Like in movies, when you know somebody is going to do something stupid like run into a wall or trip. HATE IT! I instantly become embarrassed for them.
- I have to read in before I go to sleep. I love that I have passed this on to Ben and Dylan.
Sometimes you just have to let them cry and be mad at you.
Sometimes you have to let them make their own mistakes.
Sometimes you have to watch them hurt each other with both their actions and their words.
Sometimes it just leaves you drained.
Tonight, I'm feeling all of these things. I know tomorrow I'll be out of this funk and able to list the reasons why being a mom is awesome. It's just not in me tonight. But it's okay because you can't have the good without the bad, right?
Mommy: What names do I call you?
What are your favorite foods?
Dylan: Apples, carrots, chicken, hamburgers,
Mommy: Do you like any sweet foods?
Dylan: Cheesecake, cookies,
Mommy: What do you like to do?
Dylan: Eat! Playing this (light sabre toy from McDonalds), swing outside,
Mommy: What is your favorite restaurant?
Mommy: Where would you like to go on vacation?
Mommy: If I told you I was going to take you to Chuck E. Cheese who would you take with you?
Dylan: Mommy, Cameron, Ben and Daddy
Mommy: What is your favorite color?
All said, I don't really worry about Dylan. He knows what he needs to feel loved and we give it to him. We know that he needs lots of hugs. We know if we are not at home at bedtime, we have to call and say good-night. We know that we need to tell him that we love him lots. We even know that if I go to the bathroom, he's going to follow me and stand outside the door!
At 2 months:
Cameron eats around 5 times per day. Morning, lunch-ish, late after-noon, late evening and before bed. All of these are 8 ounce bottles. He's a little piggy!
Cameron is a great sleeper! He goes to bed between 10:00pm and midnight. He wakes up anytime between 7:00 -10:00am. We can't complain.
Cam loves to swing, watch his mobile and be snuggled by anyone.
He is a very easy-going baby. He only complains if he needs a bottle, changed, snuggled or just a little bit of entertainment.
Cameron is a great, but stingy, smiler. He is not quite to the stage of smiling at anything, but if you work at it, he will give you a great one.
Cam is a thumb sucker! I love the sight of a baby sucking it's little thumb (but I do not look forward to weaning another one). He doesn't care which thumb it is and occasionally will suck on a binky.